UI design when user has no view rights on parent

Developer
Apr 9, 2007 at 11:00 AM
How will the UI function when the user has no view rights on the Parent Task as stated in section 4.3 Nested Task Requirements

It will be possible to assign sub tasks to users with no access (permissions) to the parent task.
Coordinator
Apr 13, 2007 at 1:47 PM

Woody1664 wrote:
How will the UI function when the user has no view rights on the Parent Task as stated in section 4.3 Nested Task Requirements

It will be possible to assign sub tasks to users with no access (permissions) to the parent task.

My thought is that if the user does not have permissions on the parent it is with good cause, and the user should not be directly aware that this is a subtask (although the validation scripts will alert him to the fact if he tries to modify some values).
So as far as UI is concerned I suggest we display such a task to such a user as a root task.
Developer
Apr 13, 2007 at 4:58 PM
Edited Apr 13, 2007 at 5:07 PM

ishaisagi wrote:

Woody1664 wrote:

My thought is that if the user does not have permissions on the parent it is with good cause, and the user should not be directly aware that this is a subtask (although the validation scripts will alert him to the fact if he tries to modify some values).
So as far as UI is concerned I suggest we display such a task to such a user as a root task.

Ishai,

This is inline with my initial thoughts but when I mocked this up, document uploaded an attached to the Issue (which I still can't access), it didn't really work very well.

Uploaded document to google groups http://groups.google.com/group/SPSNestedTasks/web/SharePoint+Nested+Tasks+-+UI+Thoughts+for+Discussion.docxyou need to save as and name it .docx as google treats as a zip file (which it is :))

Andrew